Support to business development service providers in Baghdad, Basra and Erbil within the Project Private Sector Development (PSD)
The Iraqi (oil) economy is not diversified and is heavily dependent on its exports. Iraq does not have the necessary infrastructure for a business environment that enables MSMEs to operate successfully on a sustainable basis. Currently existing business organisations and chambers are rarely seen as effective service providers. MSMEs in particular are often not officially registered and struggle to survive in the market. Many young Iraqis are unable to find work in this economic system.
The GIZ Private Sector Development (PSD) project supports the Iraqi government’s efforts to promote employment by focusing on regulatory reforms to stimulate private sector investment and enabling business organisations to provide (improved) business development services to existing MSMEs and start-ups.
Unemployment affects all young Iraqis in a similar way. Nevertheless, the PSD project focusses on disadvantaged groups, especially young women and returning refugees, who often lack basic skills required by private sector companies.
The specific project activities are carried out in three intervention areas and regions: Baghdad, Basra and Erbil.
Our services include:
- Curriculum development and course design:
- Development of a standardised curriculum for modularised Business Development Services (BDS) training material for MSME.
- Customisation of the curriculum modules to the specific MSME landscape and market requirements
- M&E design and continuous monitoring of activities and indicators
- Capacity building of BDS service providers, preparation of training materials and Training of Trainers (ToT):
- Preparation, coordination and implementation of BDS workshops, incl. development of a BDS portfolio (with elements such as market access, infrastructure development, financing and legal advice)
- Realisation of ToT workshops
- Support for business organisations and BDS training for MSMEs:
- Supporting partner business associations by providing marketing advice to potential clients
- Mentoring of trainers for the implementation of training courses
- Workshops with MSMEs covering the entire BDS portfolio
AMBERO Consulting Gesellschaft mbH
D-61476 Kronberg i.Ts.
Phone: +49 6173 325 40 0
Fax: +49 6173 325 40 22