Programme for the Modernisation of Land Management – PROMOGEF
Senegal has embarked on a reform programme to develop the private sector and improve the investment climate.
The General Directorate of the Taxes and Domains (Direction Générale des Impôts et des Domaines – DGID) of the Ministry of Finance and Budget has decided to implement a computerised Land Management System to increase transparency and security of land use, facilitate taxation and strengthen the country’s economic development. The dematerialisation of land registers is a prerequisite for the reform of the land sector, which is a priority for the state. is a priority for the state.
PROMOGEF supports this dynamic by building infrastructure, supporting the deconcentration of services, and informing and raising awareness among the public and users of the administration.
The objective of the programme is to establish efficient, transparent and accountable land management by the competent authorities (administrative authorities, local authorities and technical services).
- Support DGID in dematerialisation of land registers.
- Rehabilitation/construction of pilot centres for the digitisation and deployment of the Land Management System.
- Upgrading of the central data centre with renewal of equipment, extension of storage capacity, supply of security equipment, cabling etc.
- Support DGID in conjunction with CRAFS (Framework for Reflection and Action on Land Tenure in Senegal) in the management of land conflicts and the developing a complaints management mechanism.
- Capacity development of the DGID in land administration.
AMBERO Consulting Gesellschaft mbH
D-61476 Kronberg i.Ts.
Phone: +49 6173 325 40 0
Fax: +49 6173 325 40 22