Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala are among the countries with the highest homicide rates in the world, with the majority of perpetrators and victims as members of violent youth gangs. However, there is a lack of interinstitutional and regional exchange regarding proven experiences with violence prevention.
Prevention of youth violence in Central America (PREVENIR)
The project PREVENIR aims to reduce the youth violence in Central America. AMBERO is responsible for the institutional strengthening of the General Secretariat of SICA in the area of knowledge management. In particular, the following areas are in focus: advisory regarding knowledge management; the conception, design and programming of a virtual platform as well as the preparation and consolidation of best practices for this platform.
The services of AMBERO comprise the following subareas:
- Overall conception for internal and external knowledge management regarding the experiences of the Secretariat of SICA in the field of violence prevention,
- Web design, programming and integration of the virtual platform in the institutional structures and processes of the Department of Democratic Security,
- Elaboration of a concept for the development of best practices and exemplary processing of implementation experiences of existing approaches for violence prevention,
- Documentation of selected modeling experiences (Miles de Manos, Diplomados, TuChance, etc.) in line with the concept of creating best practices, for example in audio-visual formats,
- Intermittent conceptual advice on the use and management of the platform.
AMBERO Consulting Gesellschaft mbH
D-61476 Kronberg i.Ts.
Phone: +49 6173 325 40 0
Fax: +49 6173 325 40 22