Modernisation of civil registration and vital statistics in Cameroon (PAMEC)
Cameroon began modernising its civil registration and vital statistics system in 2009, and from 2011 as part of the „Programme for the Rehabilitation of the Civil Registration System“. The subordinate National Civil Registration Authority, established in 2015, is to support the implementation of the national reform. But the standards recommended by the United Nations for civil registration systems, namely the continuous, mandatory, permanent and universal collection of vital events, have not been met. The statistical function of the civil registration system has also not yet been achieved. The module target is: the Ministry of Dezentralisation and Local Development, the National Civil Registration Authority and selected municipalities are in the position to ensure the implementation of an inclusive and accountable system of civil registration and vital statistics.
The project focuses on three areas of activity:
- Strengthening the capacity of the BUNEC (Bureau National de l’Etat Civil/national office of the civil state) to implement an accountable system of civil registration and vital statistics at central level;
- Implementing reform measures in selected pilot regions and communes;
- Promoting dialogue with civil society and raising awareness among the population of their rights and obligations in relation to marital status.
The focus of AMBERO services to be provided is on the development and implementation of a concept for strategic competence development in the civil registration sector, with the aim of establishing an efficient training system for management and specialist personnel.
Advisory service A: Support in setting up a training system for civil status personnel:
- Conducting a needs analysis for the establishment of a training system for the civil registration personnel.
- Development of a concept for strategic competence development to increase the capacities of the key actors in the civil registration system.
- Development of training modules for the personnel and training of trainer (ToT) modules.
- Development of an implementation strategy, e.g. the training content in the practice of civil registration, including change management for personnel.
- Establishment of a trainer pool with 2 trainers per regional office of the BUNEC for the training of civil registration personnel.
- Development of test procedures for test and certification procedures for trainers and personnel in the civil status system.
Consulting service B: Development and management of an international schort-term expert pool for cross-functional needs in the project.
AMBERO is in charge of managing various short-term experts (national as well as international) for the implementation of the overall PAMEC programme. The services include preparation of the missions, identification of the experts, contract-management, monitoring of the services and quality control.
AMBERO Consulting Gesellschaft mbH
D-61476 Kronberg i.Ts.
Phone: +49 6173 325 40 0
Fax: +49 6173 325 40 22