Improvement of food security of former landless households in Cambodia (ILF II)
The Improved Livelihood and Food Security (ILF II) program implemented by GIZ will be engaged in the Social Land Concessions in Kampong Chhnang, Kampong Speu, Kampong Thom and Kratie Provinces. It will assist the landless population in building a livelihood on the newly allocated land. It will help them to cultivate the farmland and make knowledge and skills transfer available to help improve food security for households. In the target areas, some 20,000 people have been allocated land, about 1-2 hectares per household.
The measures will be carried out in 3 fields of activities:
- Food security
- Laying the foundation for long-term, climate-adapted and innovative agricultural production,
- Incorporating the approaches in local development strategies.
Agroforestry systems provide an appropriate approach to integrate existing tree vegetation and make sustainable use of the land.
Through the introduction of selected Agroforestry systems, as result of a previous assessment in the target area, for each SLC site the consultancy will contribute to the field of activity 2 (laying the foundation for long-term, climate-adapted and innovative agricultural production).
The project was supported by developing training manuals in English and Khmer languages and delivery of participatory agro-forestry training for extension workers and experts. Beneficiaries were directly supported through agroforestry demonstration sites.
The consultancy comprised the following tasks:
- Desk study of proposals developed in the first phase for implementation of adapted agroforestry systems,
- Development of Training Material for extension workers and GIZ Staff,
- Training of GIZ Staff and Agricultural Extension staff (3 trainings for each province) and establishment of 6 Agroforestry Demonstration fields (2 per province),
- Follow up and recommendations for improvement
AMBERO Consulting Gesellschaft mbH
D-61476 Kronberg i.Ts.
Phone: +49 6173 325 40 0
Fax: +49 6173 325 40 22