Consolidating Peace in Colombia – ProPaz II
Following the signing of the 2016 Peace Agreement with the guerrilla organization FARC (Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia), and despite enormous peacebuilding and peacemaking efforts, the social climate is still characterized by polarization and mistrust regarding the treatment of former and former armed combatants in matters of land distribution, political influence and convictions for human rights violations. The number of registered victims of the violent conflict has risen, as has the number of missing persons. Hundreds of social leaders and human rights defenders have been killed since the signing of the Peace Accord; many of these deaths have occurred in the project regions of Norte de Santander, Meta and Caquetá.
The project „Consolidating Peace in Colombia – ProPaz II“ is integrated into the BMZ´s action area “peacebuilding and crisis prevention”, as well as in the bilateral cooperation strategy with Colombia that supports the participative implementation of peacebuilding policies. ProPaz II builds over the bases of the project “Support to the Peace Process in Colombia -ProPaz” implemented from 2018 to 2021, focusing now on strengthening the protection, promotion, and guaranty of victim´s rights within the Truth, Justice and Reparation processes at national, regional and local levels.
The module´s fields of action are:
- Improving the preconditions for the participation of victims on the Transitional Justice Processes for truth, justice and reparation.
- Improving the coordination and coherence between the institutions of the National System of Attention and Integral Reparation for Victims (Sistema Nacional de Atención y Reparación Integral a las Víctimas – SNARIV) and the Integral System for Truth, Justice, Reparation and Non-Repetition (Sistema Integral de Verdad, Justicia, Reparación y No Repetición – SIVJRNR) systems, to promote the implementation of truth, justice and reparation measures and therefore the protection and promotion of victims’ rights.
- Systematizing and strengthening innovations and collective experiences on truth, justice, reparation, compensation of victims and non-repetition.
The consortium AMBERO-Como-Ideaborn (AMBERO as leader partner) is responsible for the successful implementation of the first field of action.
All fields of action are implemented with a participatory approach and point to reconciliation and peaceful coexistence.
Furthermore, ProPaz II works closely with the technical cooperation project „Paz Comunal: Good Municipal Governance for Peace in Colombia“ in the regions of Caquetá and Norte de Santander, where AMBERO also plays an active role. Both modules advise relevant actors of the regions particularly affected by the conflict and support the implementation of participatory development plans (Plan de Desarrollo Local con Enfoque Territorial, PDET).
AMBERO is responsible for the successful implementation of the following work packages:
- Development of criteria and process standards for the psychosocial support of victims from ethnic communities;
- Piloting of consulting and training modules to expand and anchor psychosocial capacities of institutions and organizations in contact with victims;
- Systematisation of experiences in organizational consulting on strengthening victims’ rights for further replication and with a focus on gender justice;
- Improving the available consulting services for victims of the violent conflict to access the processes of the SNARIV and SIVJRNR systems;
- Strengthening the participation of victims in the implementation of projects of the PDET an on services of the SNARIV and SIVJRNR systems.
AMBERO Consulting Gesellschaft mbH
D-61476 Kronberg i.Ts.
Phone: +49 6173 325 40 0
Fax: +49 6173 325 40 22