Senior Civil Engineering Specialist (m/f/d) in Bangladesh
AMBERO is an independent consulting and engineering company that has been providing qualified and client-oriented services in international cooperation for over 15 years. Generating, mobilizing and applying tailor-made knowledge is our strength.
We are currently implementing 30 long-term projects worldwide on behalf of bilateral (GIZ, KfW, etc.) and multilateral donors (World Bank, EU, UN organizations) as well as national institutions in partner countries in Africa, Latin America, Southeast Europe and Asia.
Our professional focus lies in the areas of:
- Good governance and civil society
- Climate, environment, and biodiversity
- Regional development and economic development
For more information about AMBERO and our projects, please visit https://ambero.de/en/home-englisch/.
For an ongoing project in Bangladesh, we are looking for a
Senior Civil Engineering Specialist (m/f/d)
S/he is responsible for the implementation of defined fields of Work Package 2 (Guidelines, Standards & Procedures). In particular, s/he coordinates the technical work on the guidelines, standards and procedures and supervises the work of the national long-term experts.
- Review, screening, adaptation / development of guidelines, standards (e.g. standard designs and standard materials) and procedures that translate the knowledge generated in a Work Package into institutional practice
- Research of good practices for adjusted designs and construction materials
- Conception of and participation in multi-stakeholder and expert workshops to discuss current practices, best practices and required adjustments with regard to designs, building materials and procedures
- Facilitation of field tests of climate proof Development Project Proposals (DPP) and Technical Project Proposals (TPP)
- Development of user-friendly guidelines using ICT
- Technical supervision and guidance of the national specialists in a Work Package
- University degree in civil engineering or related fields
- At least 15 years of professional experience in infrastructure planning and construction
- Professional experience in Bangladesh and/or countries in South Asia with similar socioeconomic conditions
- Experience with editing construction standards and guidelines
- Experience working for international development agencies
- Knowledge of climate change impacts and their effects an various types of infrastructure, preferably in South or Southeast Asia
- Proficiency in using ICT
- Proficient English skills (at least Cl- level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
The job offer refers to an expected position in an ongoing project in Bangladesh.
If you are interested, please send us your CV, preferably as a Word file, by email to daponte[at]ambero.de with the subject: “Senior Civil Engineering Specialist”.
Incoming applications will only be considered until the 15th of December, 2021.
Note: Submitted applications will be stored by AMBERO for three months. If you are generally interested in having your CV included in our expert database, please note this in your documents.