Strengthening gender equality and participation for the promotion of peace in Colombia – PazDiversa
After five decades of armed conflict, in 2016 the government of Colombia signed a peace deal with the biggest guerrilla organization FARC (Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia). Since then, domestic policy has focussed on implementing the peace deal, hoping to build lasting political and social peace in the country, but despite the enormous peacebuilding and peacemaking efforts, the number of registered victims of the violent conflict has risen, as has the number of missing persons. One other cause for concern is the growing violence against social leaders and against people working for human rights, social concerns, and environmental protection.
The project “Strengthening gender equity and participation for the promotion of peace in Colombia – PazDiversa” promotes the training of government institutions as well as civil society organizations in order to implement gender-specific measures with an intersectional approach within the peace agreements.
The project has three components:
- Strengthening the political participation of women and LGBTIQ+ people in the implementation of the gender-specific measures of the peace agreement.
- Strengthening the socioeconomic resources of civil society actors, enabling them to participate in the implementation of gender-specific measures of the peace agreement with a focus on Comprehensive Rural Reform.
- Training state institutions and civil society organizations to counteract unequal power relations and gender-specific discrimination in the implementation of the peace agreement.
AMBERO Consulting is implementing part of the project in the departments of Meta, Caquetá and Norte de Santander.
AMBERO’s technical assistance focuses on capacity building for three of the project outputs:
- Strengthened capacities for income generation: identification of approaches comprising technical and methodological skills, measures and offers of psychosocial support and development of digital competencies that contribute to the consolidation of income generation capacities. Policy development, research, and analysis of the set of PDET initiatives, which favour the strengthening and constitution of opportunities for the socio-economic improvement of women and the LGBTIQ+ population.
- Support to public processes and structures: Promotion of technical and methodological competencies of state institutions for the insertion of gender-specific measures in the framework of the integral rural reform oriented to socioeconomic development. Improvement of offers for the creation of income for women and LGBTIQ+ population.
- Networks and alliances: Technical and methodological advice regarding the establishment of alliances for the implementation of economic support programs with a focus on women and LGBTIQ+ people at the local level. Promotion of strategic alliances and networks between national public rural development programs, civil society organizations, state partners and private sector actors.
AMBERO Consulting Gesellschaft mbH
D-61476 Kronberg i.Ts.
Phone: +49 6173 325 40 0
Fax: +49 6173 325 40 22