Program Migration & Diaspora (PMD)
Shaping regular migration to prevent irregular migration and strengthening the developmental effects of migration pose major challenges for many countries. Key actors in countries of origin have not yet succeeded in adequately harnessing the positive effects of regular migration and diaspora engagement for the social and economic development of their countries.
- Reduction of irregular migration, promotion of voluntary return and expansion of regular, development-oriented migration;
- Structure-building migration policy advice and capacity building for partner governments and regional organizations for effective migration management;
- Development policy contribution to the skilled worker immigration law and national Action Plan Integration;
- Implementation of the „Marshall Plan with Africa“, above all creation of prospects for staying in Africa through Promotion of business start-ups in the diaspora in the countries of origin;
- Reduction of transaction costs and development-promoting use of remittances;
- Involvement of the diaspora as a development policy Actor.
With its structure-building approaches, the project flanks the „Perspective at home“ and thus represents a sustainable overall approach to migration policy of the Federal Government of Germany.
- Service package 1: Production of information material / Public relations: Preparation and production of Information material and documentation in German, English, French; concept for public relations in coordination with partners in the partner countries and especially with the Federal Foreign Office and BMZ.
- Service package 2: Qualification measures for the Skilled workers Immigration Act: Counseling of employees in the migration counseling centers of GIZ through internet platforms such as webinars as well as online training and weekly consultation hours. In addition, advice for the partner structures, in particular the advisors in the employment agencies through virtual and direct Training.
AMBERO Consulting Gesellschaft mbH
D-61476 Kronberg i.Ts.
Phone: +49 6173 325 40 0
Fax: +49 6173 325 40 22