Improvement of employability for graduates of vocational training institutions and universities in Algeria
Due to the lack of a practical and labor market orientation of vocational school and university programs, as well as a lack of teaching of (non-technical and non-specialized) key competencies for a better transition into employment, the employability of vocational school and university graduates is limited.
The aim of the project is to improve the employability of vocational and university students and graduates in selected vocational fields.
AMBERO is responsible for the implementation and achievement of Output 3 and is responsible for the provision and use of a short-term expert pool for Output 2.
Through the design and the implementation of coordination mechanisms between the ministries responsible for vocational and higher education and the business community/private sector, the qualification and competence requirements of companies for selected construction and industrial professions are structurally analysed.
Subsequently, strategies for adapting the offers to these needs are developed (Output 1). Output 2 has the goal of developing training and further education programs of selected professions according to the expressed needs of the companies in a practice-oriented way. By integrating „green“ topics and competencies (environment, energy efficiency and energy management) into existing training or study programs graduates are better prepared for the current and future needs of the industry and construction industry. Through the development of special practical training courses graduates acquire practical skills in a shorter period of time and their employment opportunities increase thereby.
In addition, labor market and practice-oriented teacher skills to better prepare students to the reality of the labour market are developed, so that their chances of finding employment will increase. Thereby, the beneficiaries acquire employment-related key competences (soft skills and employability skills), so that they can act sustainably and successfully in labour market research and job/placement searches and/or improve their business start-up potential (Output 3).
- Advice on the development of new educational offers, including e-learning offers, to enhance job-related skills in cooperation with enterprises/the private sector; development of special educational offers for women;
- Advice on the development and dissemination of courses offered at selected universities and vocational schools, in cooperation with enterprises/the private sector;
- Vocational orientation: In-service training/capacity development for staff of units responsible for the transition to employment at selected universities and vocational schools in cooperation with enterprises/the private sector;
- Employment promotion by active support for (potential) green businesses
- Baseline surveys and regular monitoring.
AMBERO Consulting Gesellschaft mbH
D-61476 Kronberg i.Ts.
Phone: +49 6173 325 40 0
Fax: +49 6173 325 40 22