Project Manager (f/m/d) for the section Climate, Environment and Biodiversity
AMBERO is an independent consulting and engineering company that has been providing qualified and client-oriented services in international cooperation for over 15 years. Generating, mobilizing and applying tailor-made knowledge is our strength.
We are currently implementing 41 long-term projects worldwide on behalf of bilateral (GIZ, KfW, etc.) and multilateral donors (World Bank, EU, UN organizations) as well as national institutions in partner countries in Africa, Latin America, Southeast Europe and Asia.
Our professional focus lies in the areas of:
- Good governance and civil society
- Climate, environment, and biodiversity
- Regional development and economic development
For our main office in Kronberg im Taunus, Germany we are looking for a:
Project Manager for the technical Section “Climate, Environment and Biodiversity”.
Topics of interest of our section are implementation and monitoring of NDCs, institutional development for mainstreaming climate proofing in infrastructure projects, NAMAs, agrobiodiversity, climate smart agriculture and drought mitigation, disaster risk reduction and water resource management, protected area management, forestry and sustainable value chains, and conflict-sensitive land use planning.
What we expect from you:
- Independent acquisition of new projects on the above-mentioned topics.
- Independent coordination, control, financial and personnel management as well as quality assurance of ongoing projects in Francophone Africa, combined with travel to the project countries.
- Staff supervision and contact management as well as contributions to knowledge management.
- Professional development of our portfolio and networking
- Preparation of technical studies and expert opinions at the company headquarters as well as abroad.
What we are looking for:
- University degree in a relevant field (preferably agricultural sciences, environmental sciences, economics).
- At least 3 years of work experience in one of the thematic focus areas: agriculture, climate change mitigation and adaptation, value chain promotion or water resource management.
- At least 2 years of experience in international development cooperation.
- Experience with project acquisition and management, preferably in a consulting company.
- Good regional knowledge and experience abroad in African countries.
- Fluent in French (C1) and English (C1), good knowledge of German.
- Very good knowledge of common office applications and experience with virtual collaboration tools.
What you can expect from us:
- You can expect a young, dynamic international team that attaches great importance to a pleasant working atmosphere.
- Flat hierarchies enable work at eye level, and short decision-making paths focus on personal initiative and cooperation.
- We attach great importance to a high degree of flexibility about individual work arrangements (flexible working hours).
- Training and further education is of great importance for AMBERO: we promote the individual development of our employees to guarantee competent consulting according to the latest state of knowledge.
- Family friendliness is actively lived at AMBERO.
- Within the framework of a clear remuneration model, you can count on a solid basic salary, which can be topped up by individual and company-wide successes.
- Company pension plans are subsidized up to 30% by the employer.
- You will be offered a broad scope to participate in the further development of the company.
Are you used to working independently and flexibly familiarizing yourself with new topics and tasks? Do you want to take on responsibility? We offer great scope for development. Convince us how we fit together!
Please send your application documents including a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and salary expectations as a pdf file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Application PM 07-2022 FG Green”. We strongly encourage early applications.
Your contact for inquiries is Dr Marion Neumer at neumer[at]ambero.de, +49-(0)6173-3254017.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Note: Submitted applications will be stored by AMBERO for three months. If you are generally interested in having your CV included in our expert database, please note this in your documents.