Team Leader (f/m) for Good Financial Governance Projects
AMBERO is a service provider in the field of international development. Since 2003, AMBERO Consulting has supported national and international development agencies in the design, preparation, implementation, and monitoring of small and large scale projects that improve living conditions around the world. In the area of Governance, AMBERO is implementing several Good Financial Governance projects in African Countries (e.g. Tanzania, Mozambique, Cameroon, Malawi). The objective is to strength the public finance system in line with the principles of good financial governance, transparency, efficiency and accountability.
AMBERO is contributing to GIZ Good Financial Governance Program in Tanzania since September 2016 and is currently searching for an international senior seconded expert to step in as resident team leader for the remaining project duration of 09 months from June 2019 until February 2020. The project is contributing to the fields of action 3, domestic revenue mobilization on local level, and 4, social accountability – also on local level. The project is being implemented in 15 LGA from 6 regions across the country applying a methodological approach of change projects aiming at increasing local own source revenue and informing local tax citizen about the use of such revenues.
- Public financial management (local and national level)
- Transparency, efficiency and accountability in public financial management
- Domestic revenue mobilization
- Local governance
- Local Revenue and Tax collection
- Implementation of government reforms at local level
- Change management
- Citizen-State dialogue
- A university degree in a professionally relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years of specific experience in several of the mentioned areas, especially regarding municipal taxes and rates.
- Proven experience in coaching and consultancy for local and national government, municipalities and/ or other tax administrations.
- Work experience of at least 6 years in the area of international cooperation.
- Thematic and technical knowledge should ideally also be based on experiences within developing countries in anglophone Africa. Experiences in countries in transition and industrial countries are preferable.
- Relevant leadership experience, experience in management of bigger teams in projects of the development cooperation.
- Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English.
- General responsibility for the consultancy packages of the contractor.
- Conceptualization, assistance in the implementation and quality control of the activities of the consultancy packages.
- Ensuring of the consistency and complementarity of the performance delivered by the contractor with further performances of the programme on local and national level.
- Conceptualization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of measurements for the capacity development of local partners in the above-mentioned areas.
- Consideration of the cross-sectional topic gender equality (Gender).
- Project management capacities:
- Responsibility and control of the allocation of funds and the financial planning in consultation with the contracting authority (donor agency)
- Securing of the project administration
- Coordination of the processes with the essential parties, especially the contracting authority and ensuring transparency for the partner
- Assisting the contracting authority in continuing or adapting the concept of the project in consideration of the conditions of the contracting authority
- Assisting the contracting authority in developing and adapting the operational plan
- Reporting/ M & E:
- Regular reporting
- Monitoring and documenting the work progress
- Assisting the contracting authority in preparing and implementing interim evaluations
- Ensuring the Monitoring & Evaluation System
- Identifying the requirement of short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and supervising those assignments and supervising local and international short-term experts
- Involvement in the commissioning of local experts
- Coordinating the organisation/ facilitation of trainings
- Planning and supervision of project-accompanying analysis
The location of the international long-term expert is Dar es Salaam, with frequent travel to 15 local authorities spread in 6 regions (Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Kigoma, Morogoro, Mwanza and Tanga).
Deployment of the Team Leader position can initiate as early as June 2019 (planned) and is expected to terminate on February 2020.
Candidates shall be encouraged to submit CV, also in regard of similar positions to come up in tenders shortly.
For further information or to submit your CV and to express the interest and availability please contact Ruben Alava and/or Juan Neidhardt, AMBERO´s project managers: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org