Team leader (m/f/d) for consulting services on “incorporating climate risks considerations in urban planning” in Bangladesh
Within the framework of a GIZ call for tenders for the project “Climate Resilient Inclusive Smart Cities” (CRISC) in Bangladesh, AMBERO Consulting is looking for an international senior expert starting in July 2021 until September 2022 for the position:
Team Leader (f/m/d; 252 days)
The consultancy is embedded in the CRISC project, which is part of the wider German development cooperation programme on Adaptation to Climate Change in Urban Areas of Bangladesh. The core problem identified by GIZ is that “national and local decision makers are not in position to design development and investment planning systematically both, climate-sensitive and in accordance with the local needs of the vulnerable population”. To address this problem, the CRISC project was conceived with the objective that “urban development, incl. corresponding investment projects of selected cities, takes into account local adaptation requirements to the consequences of climate change”. GIZ has opened a call for tenders focused on (a) the integration of climate risks into urban development plans, (b) the climate and gender sensitive and inclusive planning of local infrastructures; (c) the systematisation of lessons learnt and methodology elaboration, and (d) training and support to the main project partners: Local Government Engineering Department (LGED), Urban Development Directorate (UDD) and the Municipalities of Sirajganj and Satkhira.
- Overall responsibility for the consulting services to be provided
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the contractor’s services with other services delivered by the CRISC project at local and national level
- Design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the areas of the output 1
- Taking cross-cutting themes into consideration (for example, gender equality)
- Staff management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, planning and managing the assignments and supporting local and international experts
- Ensuring that monitoring procedures are carried out
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Responsibility for checking the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with the officer responsible for the commission at GIZ
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating and/or adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase
- Primary liaison with the designated counterpart to be defined by GIZ
- Maintaining contact with other donors
- University degree (master’s) in Geography, Architecture, Urban Planning, Regional Planning, or similar fields
- English: C1 level
- General experience: 15 years in the urban development and planning sector
- Specific experience: 5 years in design, preparation, and supervision of physical plans in urban contexts i.e., urban development plans/master plans/land-use plans, etc.
- Leadership/management experience: 10 years as team leader or manager
- Regional experience: 5 years in Asia, of which 3 years in South Asia; + 5 years of work experience in Europe
- Experience with development cooperation: 5 years, preferably GIZ / technical cooperation
- 5 years of experience in being team leader of single contract value ≥ 0.5 million €
The job offer refers to an expected position in the above mentioned GIZ project in Bangladesh. The creation of the position is dependent on the award of the contract to AMBERO within the framework of the GIZ tender procedure.
If you are interested in the position of the team leader, please send us your CV, preferably as a Word file, by email to Rodrigo Vera email@example.com with the subject “CRISC tender: Team leader (f/m/d) in Bangladesh”. Please, do not include certificates, work samples or other annexes.
Incoming applications will only be considered until the 31 of January of 2021.
Note: Submitted applications will be saved by AMBERO for three months. If you are generally interested in your CV being added to our expert database, please note this in your documents.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us by email.