Long-term international team leader (m/f/d) for the project “Support of basic public services for vulnerable people” in Iraq
AMBERO is a service provider in the field of international development. Since 2003, AMBERO Consulting has supported national and international development agencies in the design, preparation, implementation, and monitoring of small- and large-scale projects that improve living conditions around the world. In the area of Governance, AMBERO is implementing several Good Financial Governance projects in African Countries (e.g. Tanzania, Mozambique, Cameroon, Malawi). The objective is to strength the public finance system in line with the principles of good financial governance, transparency, efficiency and accountability.
The technical focus of our work is:
- Good governance and civil society
- Climate, environment, and biodiversity
- Regional and economic development
Further information about our company and our projects is available at www.ambero.de
Within the framework of a potential GIZ call for tenders for the project “Support of basic public services for vulnerable people” in Iraq, AMBERO Consulting and Oxford Policy Management are looking for an expert starting in February/March 2020 until August/September 2022 for the position:
long-term international team leader (f/m/d, 30 months)
Project description: The general objective of the project is to improve the capacities of public services in the fields of water provision and sanitation. In particular, the objective of the services of the project clearly target the improvement of the absorption capacities into Kurdish institutional structures and integrating the facilities into a set of public services, which are commercially and environmentally sustainable. Different administrative levels will be adressed, such as the General Directorate of Water and Sewerage in Erbil as well as the Directorates on the Level of Dohuk Governorate, to improve the frame conditions and the operations of water and sanitation services in the urban areas of Dohuk Governorate.
- Overall responsibility for the advisory package of the contractor
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the programme at local and national level
- Strategy, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the following areas: Water Utility Performance, Service Delivery Efficiency.
- Consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality)
- Provide guidance to experts.
- Personnel management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting local and international short-term experts
- Ensuring results monitoring is conducted
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with GIZ’s officer responsible for the commission, (GIZ-Team Leader)
- Supporting the GIZ-TL in updating/adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase
- International Master Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Utility Management or Organizational Management with a pronounced focus on Water and Sanitation Services Provision
- Language: Good business language skills in English (B2)
- General professional experience: 20 years of professional experience in the urban water sector.
- Specific professional experience: 15 years in consulting international projects, particularly in WSS sector infrastructure management, operation and development.
- Leadership/management experience: 10 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a water utility.
- Regional experience: 5 years of experience in projects in Iraq, Turkey, Iran, MENA or Caucasus regions.
- Development Cooperation (DC) experience: 10 years of experience in DC projects
The job offer refers to an expected position in the above mentioned GIZ project in Iraq. The creation of the position is dependent on the award of the contract to AMBERO within the framework of the GIZ tender procedure.
If you are interested, please send us your CV, preferably as a Word file, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “long-term international team leader in Iraq”.
Incoming applications will only be considered until the 31st October 2019.
Note: Submitted applications will be saved by Ambero for three months. If you are generally interested in your CV being added to our expert database, please note this in your documents.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us by email.