International Team leader (m/f/d) – Decentralization and Good Governance in Rwanda
AMBERO Consulting GmbH is a service provider to clients in the field of international development. Since 2003, AMBERO Consulting has supported national and international development agencies in the design, preparation, implementation, and monitoring of small and large projects that improve living conditions around the world. Our ability to combine technical and regional expertise makes us a reliable partner for national authorities and multilateral donors, such as GIZ (German Agency for International Cooperation), the KfW (German Development Bank), the European Union, the World Bank and the AfD (French Agency for International Cooperation) . More than 60 successful projects in 30 countries on four continents stand proof of this.
AMBERO is known for developing innovative solutions and implementing them efficiently. At the heart of our work is a dynamic team integrated in interdisciplinary networks worldwide.
The technical focus of our work is reflected in our three sections:
- Good governance and civil society,
- Climate, environment, and biodiversity
- Regional and economic development.
In the context of the GIZ tender procedure for the programme „Decentralization and Good Governance“ (DGG) in Rwanda, AMBERO Consulting GmbH is looking for an international team leader (315 expert days).
The objective of the DGG programme module is to strengthen local governance in the contexts of sector decentralization, locally generated and managed resources and increased accountability to citizens. Key activities to be implemented relates on the one hand to fiscal decentralization and local revenue generation, more specifically to a property tax reform, enhancing sources of local revenue and support to civil society engagement. On the other hand, activities also relate to sector decentralization and capacity building for the coordinating Ministry.
- Overall responsibility for the advisory package
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the programme at local and national level
- Implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the following areas fiscal decentralization and sector decentralization
- Consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality, population dynamics, etc.)
- Personnel management: managing the team of 2 international and 2 national long-term experts andin particular identifying the need for short-term assignmentswithin the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments andsupporting local and international short-term experts
- Ensuring results monitoring is conducted in line with M&E concept of the project
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with GIZ’s officer responsible for the commission
- Supporting the officers responsible for the commission in updating/adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase
- Focal point for the consortium’s backstopping team/headquarter staff
- Education/training: University qualification (Master) in Public Policy, Political Science, Public Finance Management, Development Studies, Local Governance,Economics or related fields
- Language: Fluent business language skills in English
- Professional experience: 12 years of professional experience indecentralization reform and 10 years of professional experience in fiscal decentralization
- 6 years of management/leadershipexperience as project team leader or manager in a company
- 5 years of experience in projects in Africa, of which 2years in projects in East Africa
- 5 years of experience in development cooperation projects
- Professional experience with GIZ as well as professional experience in Rwanda would be an asset
- The team leader is expected to possess of necessary soft skills including team skills; initiative; communication skills; sociocultural competence; efficiency, partner and client-focused working methods; interdisciplinary thinking) to implement this type of a contract which includes both work with GIZ, Ministries, public authorities, civil society organizations and the consortial partners
The programme will be based in Kigali. Willingness to travel occasionally on the field is expected. It is foreseen to start in January 2020 for a period of 22 months.
The job offers refer to an expected position in the above mentioned GIZ project in Rwanda. The creation of the position depends on the award of the contract to AMBERO within the framework of the GIZ tender procedure.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a short motivation letter and CV, preferably as a Word file, by e-mail to Mrs. Julia Schiller with the subject „GIZ – DGG Team leader in Rwanda“ latest until the 15th September 2019.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us by email.