Output Leader 4 and optionally Team Leader (f/m): International Long-Term Expert (35 months) in Mozambique
AMBERO is an independent consulting and engineering company specialized in providing qualified and customer-oriented services for its clients. Generating, mobilising and applying precisely tailored knowledge is our strength.
We currently carry out 28 long-term projects worldwide on behalf of bilateral (GIZ, KfW, BTC, etc.) and multilateral donors (World Bank, EU, UN organisations) as well as national institutions in partner countries. Our technical focus lies in the areas of “Good Governance and Civil Society”, “Environment, Climate and Biodiversity” and “Regional Development and Economic Promotion”.
Within the framework of a GIZ call for tenders for the project “Basic and vocational education and training” („Grund- und Berufsbildung“) in Maputo (Mozambique), we are looking for an expert starting from July/August 2019 and for an estimated period of 35 months, for the position
Output Leader 4 and optionally Team leader (f/m)
with implementation responsibility for a significant contribution to the module objective: “The implementation of basic and vocational education and training of good quality is improved”. Output 4 aims at strengthening the institutional and individual capacities of labour market-oriented vocational education and training.
The team lead can be taken either from Output Leader 4 or from Output Leader 5 (see extra job offer).
- Tasks of the Team Leader (optionally)
- Tasks of the Output Leader 4
- Qualifications of the Output Leader 4/Team Leader
- Overall responsibility for the contractor’s consulting packages;
- Technical guidance and close cooperation with development workers working on outputs 4 and 5;
- Close cooperation with the GIZ staff of the NORAD funded part to support the Salesian schools;
- Ensure coherence and complementarity of the contractor’s performance with other performances of the programme at local and national level;
- Consideration of cross-cutting issues of gender equality and HIV/AIDS in coordination with Team Output 3;
- Personnel management, in particular identifying the need for short-term deployments within the available budget as well as planning and management of deployments and supervision of local and international short-term experts;
- Ensure impact monitoring and database maintenance;
- regular and timely reporting;
- Responsibility for monitoring the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with the deputy responsible person (AV) of the GIZ;
- Inputs for donor coordination to the deputy AV(s); support in advising the ministries;
- Supporting the Deputy AV in updating and/or adapting the design of the project, in evaluations and in the preparation of a follow-up phase and in the preparation of official visits from Germany;
- Exchange and coordination with the financial development cooperation project Vocational Training of KFW in coordination with deputy AV.
- Management of output 4 in close coordination with the deputy AV
- Expert advice to partners in the field of accreditation;
- Design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the following areas: Teacher training, school management, cooperation with industry, ICT skills, accreditation;
- Identification of the need for short-term assignments within the output as well as planning and control of the assignments and support of the local and international short-term experts in close coordination with the team leader;
- Impact monitoring of the output;
- regular and timely reporting on output;
- Seat in the project office in Maputo and at Instituto Industrial de Maputo (IIM);
- responsible for guidance package Output 4 for all 9 VET providers;
- regular trips to the provinces with vocational training activities planned.
- University degree (Diplom/Master) in economics, education, social sciences, vocational training or similar;
- Good verbal and written knowledge of English and Portuguese or very good verbal and written knowledge of Spanish are required;
- at least 10 years’ professional experience in the labour market-oriented vocational training sector;
- 10 years in the implementation of vocational training reforms, school management and/or apprenticeship at vocational school and/or vocational training enterprise;
- 5 years of leadership experience as team leader in projects or as executive in companies;
- 5 years experience in projects in sub-Saharan Africa; experience in Mozambique advantageous;
- 6 years experience in development cooperation projects;
- Knowledge of digital approaches in vocational education and training, training in Capacity WORKS would be an advantage, experience in financial management;
- Soft skills: Ability to work in a team; Personal initiative; Ability to communicate; Socio-cultural competence; Partner- and customer-oriented, efficient action; Interdisciplinary thinking.
The job offer refers to an expected position in the above mentioned GIZ project in Mozambique. The creation of the position is dependent on the award of the contract to AMBERO within the framework of the ongoing GIZ tender procedure.
If you are interested, please send us your CV, preferably as a Word file, by email to email@example.com with the subject: “Output Leader 4 and optionally Team leader (f/m) Mozambique”.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us by email or telephone: + 49 – (0)6173 – 325 40 12 at your disposal.