International expert (m/f/d) to support the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MINECOFIN) in Rwanda
AMBERO Consulting GmbH is a service provider to clients in the field of international development. Since 2003, AMBERO Consulting has supported national and international development agencies in the design, preparation, implementation, and monitoring of small and large projects that improve living conditions around the world. Our ability to combine technical and regional expertise makes us a reliable partner for national authorities and multilateral donors, such as GIZ (German Agency for International Cooperation), the KfW (German Development Bank), the European Union, the World Bank and the AfD (French Agency for International Cooperation) . More than 60 successful projects in 30 countries on four continents stand proof of this.
AMBERO is known for developing innovative solutions and implementing them efficiently. At the heart of our work is a dynamic team integrated in interdisciplinary networks worldwide.
The technical focus of our work is reflected in our three sections:
- Good governance and civil society,
- Climate, environment, and biodiversity
- Regional and economic development.
In the context of the GIZ tender procedure for the programme „Decentralization and Good Governance“ (DGG) in Rwanda, AMBERO Consulting GmbH is looking for an international long-term expert (252 expert days).
The objective of the DGG programme module is to strengthen local governance in the contexts of sector decentralization, locally generated and managed resources and increased accountability to citizens. Key activities to be implemented relates on the one hand to fiscal decentralization and local revenue generation, more specifically to a property tax reform, enhancing sources of local revenue and support to civil society engagement. On the other hand, activities also relate to sector decentralization and capacity building for the coordinating Ministry.
- Support MINECOFIN in the review of the inter-governmental fiscal transfer system
- Develop proposals and scenarios for modifying the inter-governmental transfer system to enhance district autonomy over funding
- Education/training: University qualification (Master) in Public Policy, Political Science, Public Finance Management, Development Studies, Local Governance, Economics or related fields
- Language: Fluent business language skills in English
- Professional experience:7 years professional experience in publicfinancial management and 3 years professional experience in fiscaldecentralization
- Regional experience: 1 year experience in East Africa
- Professional experience with GIZ as well as professional experience in Rwanda would be an asset
- The international expert is expected to possess of necessary soft skills including team skills, initiative, very good communication skills, sociocultural competence, efficiency, partner and client-focused working methods to implement this type of a contract
The programme will be based in Kigali. It is foreseen to start in January 2020 for a period of 22 months.
The job offers refer to an expected position in the above mentioned GIZ project in Rwanda. The creation of the position depends on the award of the contract to AMBERO within the framework of the GIZ tender procedure.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a short motivation letter and CV, preferably as a Word file, by e-mail to Mrs. Julia Schiller with the subject „GIZ – DGG Rwanda-International Expert MINECOFIN“ latest until the 15th September 2019.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us by email.