Early expert search for a coastal protection project in Mozambique
AMBERO Consulting Gesellschaft mbH together with DORSCH International Consultants GmbH and
GENESIS Lda. aim to present a proposal to a tender within the Coastal Cities Sustainable Economic Hubs Programme in Mozambique.
Client: Ministério de Administração Estatal e Função Pública (MAEFP). Donor: German Government through KfW. Duration: January 2021 – End of 2025.
The Tender consists of consulting services in Inhambane and Maxixe, in (1st) construction design and supervision services, incl. ESIA + special studies, and (2nd) Technical assistance, incl. community sensitization, municipal coastal and urban planning, O&M of infrastructures, and public participation and awareness, incl. hygiene campaigns or participatory monitoring of water quality and littering.
Tasks of the consultant: Support to the MAEFP & Municipalities (1st) in the management of the Programme regarding all technical and financial matters; (2nd) translation and interpreting services; (3rd) coordinating with stakeholders; (4th) elaborating & following up of programme planning and other project instruments like ESIA, ESMP, SEP and GRM besides specialized studies and plans: Resettlement Action Plans, Livelihood Restoration Plans, Biodiversity Action Plans; (5th) controlling Programme objective achievement and indicators; (6th) Controlling of disbursements; (7th) Reporting; and technical assistance (TA) including training, public relations and stakeholder coordination.
- Team Leader with more than 5 years of international experience in financial cooperation (KfW, EU, WB, ADB, etc.). Civil Engineer or similar.
- Coastal / Hydraulic Engineer with more than 15 years of international experience in coastal protection works.
- Geotechnical Engineer / Structural Engineer with more than 5 years of international experience in the design of coastal and hydraulic structures.
- Hydrologist/Coastal Processes Modeller with more than 10 years of international experience in hydrological modelling of coastal processes.
- ESHS Experts with more than 10 years of international experience in ESIA and ESHS impacts and risks.
- Procurement/Contract Expert with more than 10 years of international and national experience.
- Public Administration / Urban Development / Coastal zone management expert with more than 5 years of experience.
- Coastal / Hydraulic Engineer with more than 10 years of national experience in coastal protection works.
- Geotechnical / Structural Engineer with more than 5 years of experience in the design of coastal and hydraulic structures.
- Hydrologist / Coastal Processes Modeller with national experience in hydrological modelling of coastal processes.
- ESHS Expert(s) with more than 8 years of national experience in managing ESHS impacts and risks.
- Project Admin / Accounting Expert with 5 years of experience.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) and Databases Expert with 3 years of experience.
- Community awareness, PR/social communication, facilitation and event organisation experts with 3 years of experience.
Working languages: English and Portuguese.
Stage: The consortium partners have submitted an expression of interest to the tender. We expect to be short-listed and get the terms of reference with more details until the end of August.
In case you are interested in one of the above positions, please send your updated CV in English (tabular form without adding certificates, etc.) clearly indicating the position you would like to apply for to Mr. Erik Salas email@example.com.