8-20 National Short-Term Experts (f/m/d) in Serbia
Within the framework of a potential GIZ call for tenders for the project “Inclusion of Roma and other marginalized groups” in Serbia, the consortium AMBERO Consulting and Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland eV (ASB) are looking for 8-20 experts during January 2020 and June 2022 for an average assignment period of 10 months for the position
National Short-Term Expert (f/m/d)
with implementation support for a significant contribution to the module objective: “The framework for realizing the ‘Strategy of Social Inclusion of Roma in the Republic of Serbia for the Period from 2016 to 2025’ is improved, especially implementation structures and corresponding mechanisms, as well as attitudes within society”. The activities take place in the Output Area 3: Implementation of the objectives and requirements of the national strategy in selected municipalities has improved.
- Implementation of (improved) target group oriented Active Labour Market Measures
- Implementation of short-term practical skills trainings and qualification measures
- Organisation of internships
- Support to start-ups and business mentoring for target group members who are starting or running own business
- Development and implementation of new target-oriented employment measures.
- Education/training: University qualification in business, economics, or other social sciences (or comparable qualification)
- Language: Native or excellent language skills in Serbian spoken and written, good business language skills in English (level B1) spoken and written
- General professional experience: 75% of all experts should have 2 years of professional experience in employment promotion measures and the provision and organisation of different education, qualification and training measures
- Specific professional experience: 25% of all experts should have 2 years of professional experience in the promotion of entrepreneurship, business start-ups, small business management, business development services, and/or local/regional economic promotion
- Regional experience: 2 years of working experience in the Republic of Serbia
- Development Cooperation (DC) experience: not required
- Other: 1 year of working experience with assistance to Roma and/ or returnees
The duration of the assignments in different priority areas will be flexibly coordinated with the partner organisations and the GIZ.
The experts are expected to share empathy and understanding for members of the Roma community, including their diversity, and, being deployed within the framework of German Development Cooperation, to show full awareness of the historical context of the persecution of this minority during the period of the Third Reich.
A similar awareness and sensitivity is required regarding the history of former Yugoslavia and the Balkan wars, including the different views relating to the status of Kosovo, given that some of the returnees to the Republic of Serbia had originally fled Kosovo and do not consider it safe to return there. The Republic of Serbia considers the latter group of migrants, which includes many Roma, to be internally displaced persons.
It is expected that the experts will possess of the necessary soft skills (including team skills; initiative; communication skills; sociocultural competence; efficient, partner and client-focused working methods; interdisciplinary thinking) to implement this type of a contract which includes both work with GIZ, local government, NGOs and members of a difficult-to-reach target group which suffers discrimination.
The job offers refer to an expected position in the above mentioned GIZ project in Serbia. The creation of the positions is dependent on the award of the contract to AMBERO and ASB within the framework of the GIZ tender procedure.
If you are interested, please send us your CV, preferably as a Word file, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “National Short-Term Expert in Serbia”
Incoming applications will only be considered until the 15th September 2019.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us by email.