2 National Long-Term Experts (f/m/d, 30 months) in Serbia
Within the framework of a potential GIZ call for tenders for the project “Inclusion of Roma and other marginalized groups” in Serbia, the consortium AMBERO Consulting and Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland eV (ASB) are looking for two experts starting in January 2020 until June 2022 for the position
National Long-Term Expert (f/m/d, 30 months)
with implementation support for a significant contribution to the module objective: “The framework for realizing the ‘Strategy of Social Inclusion of Roma in the Republic of Serbia for the Period from 2016 to 2025’ is improved, especially implementation structures and corresponding mechanisms, as well as attitudes within society”. The activities take place in the Output Area 3: Implementation of the objectives and requirements of the national strategy in selected municipalities has improved.
- Planning, implementation and monitoring of Active Labour Market Measures (ALMM) for Roma and returnees in line with the GIZ project requirements and on the basis of the measures developed by the former Youth Employment Promotion (YEP) project
- Responsibility for implementing the package of the contractor on a day-to-day basis in the Republic of Serbia (office base: Belgrade, office of the GIZ project)
- Ensuring the day-to-day coordination of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the GIZ project at local and national level
- Day-to-day implementation, planning, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the output area 3 as specified in section 2 of the ToRs
- Organisation of specific ALMM activities at the local level, in coordination with local stakeholders (substantial travel may be required)
- Planning and steering, and following up on assignments and supporting local and international short-term experts deployed by the contractor
- Routine monitoring of contractor’s results
- Education/training: University qualification in business, economics, or other social sciences
- Language: Native or excellent language skills in Serbian spoken and written, good business language skills in English (level B2) spoken and written
- General professional experience: 3 years (5 years) of professional experience in the provision and organisation of training measures, project and/ or small business management
- Specific professional experience: 3 years (5 years) in employment promotion and/ or promotion of entrepreneurship, business start-ups, small business promotion, business development services, and/ or local/ regional economic promotion
- Leadership/management experience: not required
- Regional experience: 5 years of working experience in the Republic of Serbia
- Development Cooperation (DC) experience: not required
- Other: 1 year (3 years) working experience with assistance to Roma and/or returnees
The experts are expected to share empathy and understanding for members of the Roma community, including their diversity, and, being deployed within the framework of German Development Cooperation, to show full awareness of the historical context of the persecution of this minority during the period of the Third Reich.
A similar awareness and sensitivity is required regarding the history of former Yugoslavia and the Balkan wars, including the different views relating to the status of Kosovo, given that some of the returnees to the Republic of Serbia had originally fled Kosovo and do not consider it safe to return there. The Republic of Serbia considers the latter group of migrants, which includes many Roma, to be internally displaced persons.
It is expected that the experts will possess of the necessary soft skills (including team skills; initiative; communication skills; sociocultural competence; efficient, partner and client-focused working methods; interdisciplinary thinking) to implement this type of a contract which includes both work with GIZ, local government, NGOs and members of a difficult-to-reach target group which suffers discrimination.
The job offers refer to an expected position in the above mentioned GIZ project in Serbia. The creation of the positions is dependent on the award of the contract to AMBERO and ASB within the framework of the GIZ tender procedure.
If you are interested, please send us your CV, preferably as a Word file, by email to email@example.com with the subject: “Long-Term National Expert in Serbia”
Incoming applications will only be considered until the 15th September 2019.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us by email.