What we offer
AMBERO is a steadily growing consulting company with highly qualified staff trained in various fields. Our organizational structure is designed towards quick decision-making and support of individual initiative. Our concept enables us to readily respond to changing needs and to offer innovative approaches.
AMBERO staff willingly take on responsibility and can accordingly further their performance and competencies. We rigorously invest in our team’s continued training as we wish to offer state-of-the art services.
We are also a Chamber of Commerce and Industry training company thus promoting the advancement of young professionals.
What we look for
Commitment, flexibility, creativity, and the ability to work independently set us apart. If you enjoy taking on responsibility, if you are communicative and feel comfortable in an international team, then you should apply!
You speak several languages? You have a university degree and have experience in international cooperation and development? Please feel free to register in our pool of experts!
Please email us your application and a detailed resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Choose your CV template:
Senior Innovation Manager (Teamleader): Innovations for Agricultural Productivity -Arsi (IFAP-Arsi), GIZ Ethiopiashow details
Who we are:
AMBERO Consulting GmbH, Germany, is a service provider in the area of international development cooperation (www.ambero.de). On behalf of different clients, we implement long-term projects in Africa, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Currently, we are seeking a team leader for the following project:
Project: Innovations for Agricultural Productivity – Arsi (IFAP-Arsi)
Project duration: May 2015 – December 2017
The IFAP-Arsi project contributes to the enhancement of productivity in the agricultural sector through promotion of the value chains Wheat and Faba beans by up-scaling of innovations and best practices within five innovation clusters: (1) Good agricultural practice; (2) Agricultural inputs; (3) Mechanization and technology; (4) Limited and targeted investments in value chains; (5) Farmers’ / value chain actors’ organizations.
The support strategy of the country module comprises the following major intervention areas:
- Up-scaling of technical, organizational and economic innovations with broad scale, positive impact on income and productivity of smallholder farmers, being the core of the project’s support strategy which enables smallholder farmers to realize innovations in the Wheat and Faba beans value chains.
- Strengthening service provision for smallholder farmers (e.g. through strengthening extension services; training institutions; up- and downstream agribusinesses).
- Strengthening organizations of value chain actors and promoting their lobbyism at political level.
The project will support existing structures and 3 different innovation agents towards the planned objectives: (1) Government (namely extension services); (2) Farmers’ organizations; (3) Private sector. The regions for implementation of the country module IFAP – Arsi are 5 woredas in the wheat belt of the Arsi zone.
Team leader and senior innovation manager (international long-term expert, up to 32 person months) in Assela
The consulting company will provide an international long-term expert as team leader. He/she is in charge of overall project management, and the main contact person for GIZ and partner organizations. He/she is responsible for achieving the project outcome and output. He/she must speak English and German fluently and must be familiar with GIZ management tools and in particular Capacity Works.
Minimum requirements for qualifications and professional experience:
- Master’s degree in agricultural science, economics, social science or related discipline
- At least 12 years working experience in complex and donor-funded programs aimed at promotion of organisational and technical innovations for smallholder farmers through improving farmers’ access to agricultural inputs, mechanisation and technology, good agricultural practices.
- Profound working experience in supporting agricultural extension services, value chain promotion, private sector development, farmer-based organisations and cooperatives, public-private partnerships involving national and international private sector companies, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, gender issues, ICT applications
- At least 5 years’ management experience as team leader of complex donor-funded projects
- Excellent communication skills and networking ability
- Excellent conceptual and strategic skills
- Working experience in sub-Saharan Africa and/or Ethiopia
- Achieve project outcome and output
- Advise government organisations and private sector companies on upscaling effective innovations for smallholder farmers
- Advise government organisations and private sector companies on implementing an effective and demand-driven extension service for smallholder farmers
- Closely coordinate with the team leader of the GIZ project ‘Agricultural Mechanisation and Technology for Smallholder Productivity’
- Adjust project concept and strategy according to requirements of GIZ and partner organisations
- Implement global monitoring and evaluation system of GIAE according to specifications of global project
- Project management, and in particular:
- Leading the consulting company team and being the main contact person for GIZ
- Financial management of the project (in close coordination with GIZ)
- Reporting and report writing according to BMZ and GIZ requirements and schedule
- Coordination with all stakeholders involved and ensuring transparency of project implementation for partner organisations
- Assisting GIZ in further development and adjustment of project concept in due consideration of five critical factors of success of Capacity Works
- Ensuring connectivity of project management to GIZ practice through applying Capacity Works
- Planning, recruiting and steering of national and international short-term experts as agreed upon
- Project administration
- Controlling and documentation of work progress
- Establishment and implementation of M&E system for project activities
- Planning and implementation of project-related studies
- Contact person for international donors and German embassy, subject to approval of GIZ
- Assisting GIZ in the preparation and implementation of project evaluation
- Assisting GIZ in preparation of next phase
Qualified and interested international consultants are requested to submit their application letter and CV with references to Dr. Marion Neumer (email@example.com)